What is it that makes our shears so special?
- We use only high carbon Sheffield steel, made especially for us.
- We precision heat treat our blades. Both blades of a shear are measured at 56-58 on the Rockwell scale of hardness; the perfect hardness for the job, and the only guarantee of long-term edge retention.
- The bow is hot rolled to add strength and springiness.
- We double hollow grind our blades for a finer edge and easier resharpening – a patented process.
- The blades and shanks are forged from a single piece of steel, not riveted, for improved blade life.
- The blades are craftsman hand set, by eye, to be virtually parallel, giving almost no wear between the blades and dramatically improving edge retention.
We really know our steel, and how to get the most out of it, and the result is the world’s finest sheep shears. Browse the collection now. Show less